Exam Timetables - Summer 2024
Exam Info & Guidance
Click here for Information for candidates documents
Click here for JCQ Exams Posters
General Rules for Students
Below are the general rules for students during exams. Students should also read the Exam Board Regulations
- Uniform is to be worn by all students (except 6th form) when attending school during examinations.
- Please ensure that you are outside the examination room 15 minutes before the start. Morning examinations start at 9.00am, and the afternoon examinations start at 1.15pm unless otherwise advised.
- Always bring the appropriate equipment with you: Black pens only for writing, pencil, ruler, eraser and any specialist equipment you are instructed to bring. This is your responsibility and will not normally be supplied by the school. Highlighter pens can be used on question papers but not on answer sheets or scripts. Pencil cases must be transparent.
- Mobile phones or any technology/web enabled sources of information are NOT allowed in ANY examination room. Possession will lead to disqualification, whether they are switched on or off when found. They must be switched off and left in bags outside the exam room or handed to the invigilator before entering the examination room. It is students responsibility to ensure they do not have these in their possession in the exam rooms.
- You will not be allowed to leave the examination room until the end of the examination unless you are ill or need to go to the toilet.
- To attract the attention of an invigilator during the examination, raise your arm and someone will come to you. Silence should be maintained in the exam room.
- Any student causing a disturbance will be removed from the examination, and their paper will be cancelled.
- If you are going to be late for an exam, phone the school as soon as possible. If you arrive late, you may or may not be allowed to take the examination.
- If you are ill on the day of the examination, you may need to obtain a doctor’s note.
- Students are allocated a Candidate number which will identify you for all exams until you leave Huxlow.
Results and Certificates
Results of GCSE and GCE exams are issued in August on the following dates:
|A Level/AS Results Day
|Thursday 15th August 2024 - Hall
|GCSE/GNVQ Results Day
|Thursday 22nd August 2024 - Hall
Results cannot be issued over the phone. Any results not collected by 2pm on the day will be posted to the home address we hold on the system.
Certificates are sent to the school during the term following exams and will be available for collection from reception during normal Academy hours, usually from December. For students still at Huxlow, certificates will be available to collect from the 6th Form Centre when they are available, and a notice will be published on the school website for all other ex-students. Certificates must be signed for, and therefore cannot be posted. We will store certificates for 5 years before shredding them. After 5 years, it is possible to get copies of certificates from the exam boards for a fee: please see www.gov.uk/replacement-exam-certificate for advice.
Candidates can nominate another person to collect results or certificates on their behalf by providing written permission, either in a signed letter or by email. The nominated person must have either a copy of the letter/email or appropriate ID with them on collection.
EXAMS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES