The Geography department at Huxlow Academy aims to provide a high quality Geography education that inspires pupils to find a level of curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. The Huxlow Geography curriculum aims to enable all students to be:
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress to achieve and take pride in all that they do.
- Confident individuals who are able to use their geographical skills and knowledge to live fulfilling lives and have the ambition to succeed in whatever they choose to do.
- Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society and respect the world around them.
- Able to experience the world outside the classroom with trips and fieldwork both near and far.
Teaching will equip pupils with knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments, together with a deep understanding of the Earth's key physical and human processes. As pupils progress, their growing knowledge about the world should help them to deepen their understanding of the interaction between physical and human processes, end of the formation and use of landscapes and environments on this place we call home - "Planet Earth."
|Geography Curriculum||Year 7||Year 8||KS4|
Coral Reefs and Rainforests
At KS4 - we follow the OCR A (9-1) Geographical themes. Units include
Globalisation and Development
|Fieldwork||Coastal areas||Urban and coastal areas|
Mr M Yewman – Head of Geography
Miss Nikopoulos - Teacher of Geography
Mrs Miah - Teacher of Geography
If you would to find out more about the Geography curriculum, please contact Mr M Yewman, Head of Geography
- By phone: 01933 650496
- By email: email@example.com