Thank you for visiting our Open Evening and Open Afternoon. If you were unable to make these dates but would like a tour of the school and/or an appointment to meet with Senior Staff, please call us on 01933 650496 to arrange a convenient time.
Thank you to all our Open Events visitors who took part in our Free Prize Draw. We are excited to announce that the winner of the latest Kindle Fire was Carmen-Jane. Congratulations!!
10 top reasons why you should send your child to Huxlow
1. We believe that if students are happy at school they will thrive
2. “Everyone in the school puts pupils’ well-being at the centre of everything that they do” OfSTED 2016
3. “Staff are passionate about the subjects they teach and have high expectations for pupils” OfSTED 2016
4. Of all the schools in our area it is Huxlow students who consistently make the most progress
5. In 2018 43% of Year 11 students gained a Grade 5 (the new good pass) in both English and Maths, comfortably the highest in the area
6. We have just opened our brand new Dance and Drama facilities
7. 2018 saw record numbers of students going to university with the vast majority going to their first choice
8. “Leadership of special education needs is a strength of the school. Leaders support and nurture pupils who have special education needs or disability, so that they can access learning and make good progress” OfSTED 2016
9. We offer a huge variety of trips such as Ski Trip to Austria, Battlefields trip to Northern France, Jinja International Youth Conference in Uganda, Emirates Stadium, the National Museum of Computing, Matilda at the Cambridge Theatre in London and the Jaguar Landrover factory.
10. Our Sports Teams are hugely successful. In 2017-18, Huxlow were:
- District Cup runners-up in Y8 Boys Football
- District Champions in U15 Boys Rowing
- District Champions in Y9 Boys Softball
- District Champions in Y8 Boys Dodgeball
- District Champions in Y7 and U14 Girls Basketball
- District runners-up in Y7 Mixed Cycling
Please click on the image below to view our video all about life at Huxlow: