Huxlow Science College will be holding a Virtual Open Evening Experience in 2020. The event will be able to view from Tuesday 29th September onwards. Due to COVID 19 restrictions, we are unable to offer tours of the college, but there will be an opportunity to ask questions online. If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01933 650496.
10 top reasons why you should send your child to Huxlow
1. We believe that if students are happy at school they will thrive.
2. “Everyone in the school puts pupils’ well-being at the centre of everything that they do” OfSTED 2016.
3. “Staff are passionate about the subjects they teach and have high expectations for pupils” OfSTED 2016.
4. Of all the schools in our area it is Huxlow students who consistently make the most progress.
5. In 2019 over 70% of our students gained a GCSE pass in Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Graphics, Resistant Materials, Food, Sport, Art and French.
6. We have fantastic new Dance and Drama facilities.
7. 2019 saw record numbers of students going to university with the vast majority going to their first choice.
8. “Leadership of special education needs is a strength of the school. Leaders support and nurture pupils who have special education needs or disability, so that they can access learning and make good progress” OfSTED 2016.
9. We offer a huge variety of trips such as the Battlefields trip to Northern France, Jinja International Youth Conference in Uganda, the National Museum of Computing, Matilda at the Cambridge Theatre in London and Disneyland Paris.
10. Our Sports Teams are hugely successful. In 2018-19, Huxlow were:
Rowing U13 & U15 Boys District Champions
Softball Year 10 Boys District Champions
Rounders Year 9 & 10 Girls District Champions
Athletics U15 - 17x4 District Qualifiers
Cycling Year 7 Team District Runners Up
Cross Country 14 District Qualifiers
Volleyball Year 10 Boys District Runners Up
Dodgeball Year 8 girls District Champions
Dodgeball Year 8 Bronze Medal County Champions
Please click on the image below to view our video all about life at Huxlow: